... and into the Light

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

So here's the story...
I haven't been feeling especially happy lately, so in an effort to perk myself up I have been wearing makeup to work and on the weekend as well.

My particular makeup thing (which was lipstick in college) has become eyes. Yesterday I was a shart sexy blue - today soft purple. One of my supervisors (who wears more makeup than I do in a week) came up to me to complete a transaction - looks at me and says "Wow - you're wearing a lot of make-up!"
It did not seem to me to be a lot of make up and the phrasing of that sentence was extremely rude and inappropriate.
It got me to thinking though - have personal boundaries disappeared? And the Longer you work in an environment, so the boundaries totally disappear? Would this supervisor have said anything if I was a new hire - or if I wore make-up on a regular basis.
The big question - why use those words at all? A simple 'you look great today? What's different?' would have sufficed.
Dragonfly 8/11/2004 01:42:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment