... and into the Light

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Kiss!

A long time ago, before the darkenss enveloped me fully I had the best friend a girl could have. We considered each other to be our female equivelant of soul mates and shared everything - including the wish for each others happiness in finding partners in life. There was a boy - a friend. He was a warrior. Joined the army out of High School and went to foreign countries keeping the peace and fighting for humanity in the amazing way that Canadians do (I have stories but they really turn this into a comedy!) We both loved him, he was athletic and sexy and stood for all that was good in a man. My friend believed that they were not meant to be together as their timing was always off. She wondered about the warrior and I.

One Saturday night, we all went out to celebrate our friendship. And to say farewell. The warrior was heading overseas again. The night was amazing. He drove me home. We sat in the driveway and talked for over an hour, the music was on, everything was perfect. And then it happened - we kissed. I'll never forget it. The problem was he was leaving, and wouldn't be back for 6 months. 'It wasn't fair for me to wait' he said. So he left and we still talked, wrote and I hoped.
When he got back we hung out, he came to visit me at school, but I never pushed it. It wasn't the right time. He was going away again. The army was his life - he liked to play with the guns.

My friend though, she believed that the warrior and I were soul mates and that I had to fight for him. She got sick and as she fought for survival (I swear this is a true story) she told me over and over that we were meant to be together. She made me promise to call him and tell him of her beliefs. On her death bed she reminded me of that promise. But by the time he returned home from overseas (again) and I heard from him again he told me that he had found a girl and was engaged. My heart broke that day... I hung up on him and wouldn't return his calls.

But I still wonder.

I did call him last summer.
My best friends daughter asked about the warrior, so I looked for him and called. He wasn't home, but his wife was. I left my name, he never called back. I'll call again at Christmas.
Dragonfly 11/16/2004 11:57:00 AM

3 Comments:

Wonderful and sad story! What did your friend pass from? If you do talk to him again are you going to tell him about your mutual friend's feeling? Not to question your choice or anything, but do you think you should since he is married? If his wife knew all this it could really hurt her. Then again, him not knowing and you always wondering could be too much too bear for a lifetime. It would be a hard choice for me to make. Oh, if you like that last post you should go through my old stuff and read all the Closer To Homes.
I have been reading your closer to home posts - very interesting.

As for my friend, she had cancer, and her passing her the warrior deeply as he was overseas at the time. I don't think he ever got over that.

One day I will tell him about the dream our friend had for us, but the timing will have to be absolutely right. I do miss his friendship, he always made me laugh.
Honestly I forgot all about that kiss until I read Vegas' missed kiss post. It's funny how a single word can trigger a memory.

During my relocation of furniture I found a story - the story of how Bec and I met. And that revolved around a kiss as well.

I don't think I'll post that story - a little too intense!

Add a comment