... and into the Light

Thursday, December 23, 2004

2 more days...

I am a huge procrastinator. I am supposed to be getting ready to go to J's house for Christmas and so far... well... I've changed the bottom of the bird cage, vacuumed, cleaned his perches, played Hearts on the computer for probably 3 hours and then decided I should check my e-mail before packing, just in case... then I realized I was procrastinating and since I was already logged on to the computer decided to check my blog and write - so here I am... wasting time.

I realize it is that I really don't want to go.
The excuses are many... and are stupid. I really don't want the presents. Except for the Simpson's Season 5 (which if I don't get I'll be really ticked off). But other than that I really don't care. If it wasn't Christmas I would already own it!!! Stupid Christmas makes me wait to get the things I really want...
I don't like the whole family thing, everyone sitting around for 3 hours opening one gift at a time only to find it is a bar of soap. (I swear I opened a bar of soap last year).
I just prefer the sanctity of my house, where I am not forced to act like everything is perfect and that I am a normal functional human being, especially since right now I don't feel that way.

I am not looking forward to the drive. The weather sucks. I can handle it, of course, but I'd rather not go at all. All my stuff is here, my comfort, my relaxation, my coziness. I don't feel that at J's house. My brother's is great. I am looking forward to going there.

I also miss my bed when I am gone.
I like my bed.
It is... my safety, comfort and my solace.

I should go pack...
How am I going to get every thing in the car... the bird cage takes up half the back seat. Plus his perch, my bag, the presents, his food and toys, my pillow, and I own a NEON!!! The trip to Windsor will be fun, add my Mom and J, plus their bags into the mix. All in my car!!! YUP! that'll be fun!

Okay...
seriously...
I gotta go...

oh look... Waterworld is on TV. I haven't seen that in ages.
OH. The American President on TBS.
I'm hungry too!

Wow... I'm good at this procrastination game...
Dragonfly 12/23/2004 10:22:00 PM

2 Comments:

Wait, why don't you want the presents? That is the best part even when they suck. Okay, not really when they suck but it is still nice to get free stuff. Except for the bar of soap, unless it is a really expensive bar like from the Body Shop or Bath and Body Works...then it is a little better. Okay, J is your boyfriend right? I did not know that he and is it his family too make you feel so uncomfortable. I really wish there was something I could say to help. Hey, you could lay off the meds and hope for a great Manic episode! LOL I don't know. I will pray for you. Please, please tell me you did not watch Water World...that is the worst. Oh, and I know how you feel about the bed thing...there is nothing like your own bed. Nothing. At least you own a four-door Neon, it could be worse, it could be a Cooper Mini. OUCH. Keep smiling and I'll keep praying.
What do you have against Waterworld?
It is a perfectly suitable waste of time, and a really great example of how to take a really good movie concept and drown it!
Besides it was the directors cut - with the extra scenes - very cool!
I have to admit - I liked that movie.And yes I watched it, while I packed and organized all the gifts that had to leave the house in the morning.

AND...
don't you like Mini Coopers.
I want one. Although, I don't think it will be convenient for taking the bird places though!

Add a comment