... and into the Light

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I did it again.

I forgot my best friends birthday.
It was last week.
The 15th to be exact. And I forgot... completely oblivious. Not a thought, hint, inkling, idea, impresion, memory, notion, recollection, reference... nothing.

I know, I do own a calender and I do look at it. But I've been best friends with Lee since I was 12 and 18 years is a long time - why write it down. Besides my sister-in-laws B-day is the same day, why would I forget... BUT I did...

The funny thing is I usually forget to call my sister-in-law.
And Lee understands.
She knows I was stressed out and didn't want to say anything else to upset me (nice friend). But I still feel like a wee bit of an idiot.

This is what I don't like about my medication - I'm kind of dumb.
But I can laugh about it...
I guess that's a good thing.

Firefly..
you might want to remind me about your birthday daily starting right after mine...
That is if you want me to acknowledge it at all.
Just a heads up!
Dragonfly 12/21/2004 01:55:00 PM

2 Comments:

Don't beat yourself up too much. I forgot my best friend's birthday too. It was Dec. 8th and I completely forgot. Hell, she was even my best man. Yep, I had a girl as my best man. Fun times. Oh, and the second movie is not DARYL...but good guess. Think alot newer.
Oh Firefly - you make me laugh.
Ok.
I'll remind you about my birthday before the time comes - we should have a movie date then anyway. Then you can remind me about yours daily.

She really didn't mind, not too much, once she got over the initial shock of me forgetting.

Like I said... Now it's funny.

Add a comment