... and into the Light

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

It's all nonesense today...

I was talking to my friend Sarah, and started going through all my paper work on the desk. Bank statements, LOC statements, phone bills, investment papers you get but never file and started to sort through them. I realize I should go through them more often but there's always tomorrow right!!!

So I come across a bill from January 2003 for the 407 ETR (A toll highway in Toronto). The bill is for $0.10. I had recieved a bill for $17.13 and sent them a check for that amount. They credited my account $17.03, then sent the $0.10 bill. I apparently waited until I got my bank statement and forgot all about it as I knew I wrote the check for the correct amount. So nearly 2 years later I find the bill. Then I look in my file folder and find the bank statement from February 2003 and there's the cheque notice - and doesn't it say $17.03... BASTARDS. They got it wrong!

So I called them.
Yes it's been 2 years.
But I have to renew my License plates in February and they won't let you if you have outstanding tolls.
So I call and talk to Jason - nice guy.
Give him all my info: name, license plate, address, name of first born child. LOL
AND I tell him the story.
With interest I now owe $.20. Can you believe it?!?!
But as they credited the wrong amount Jason told me that he'll clear the account and not to worry about it. I told him I'll bring the 20 cents but he said it was OK. I think that conversation will be the talk of the office for the rest of the day. Maybe the week.
"There's a weird chick in Niagara Falls living up to her elbows in papers and it takes her 2 years to find anything!!!" All that for 10 cents.

It's my little Christmas gift from the Government.
How funny is that!?
Dragonfly 12/22/2004 02:22:00 PM

1 Comments:

Thanks for the laugh! That is really funny.

Add a comment