... and into the Light

Sunday, January 02, 2005

I have a dilemna... and it could take a while...

I have the opportunity to move from the basement I have lived in for the last 4 years and move into the basement of my "friend Em's" house.

It is a 2 bedroom, private entrance, separate kitchen, laundry facilities, big bathroom, closer to work (whenever I go back) and the rent will be the same. There's a gas fireplace as well. It will also be warmer than this house is as Em keeps the temperature higher. I'll save lots of money on Firelogs and tealights!

Moving in with a friend worries me as it is not always a good idea, but we already said we could set ground rules (ie. call first if want to visit).

BUT -

I would still be in a basement, it may still be dark. Moving costs and how and who will help, I have a lot of stuff!!!
I won't be giving 2 months notice (but Tan is a PITA and she treats me like I'm a lesser being so is that any better).
I have to pay for cable/satellite or something if I want the cooler channels...
I need to buy a microwave too!
Em has kids and it could get noisy, as the walls are thin and you can hear everything. Also vice versa... anything I do - she can hear!!! So how much privacy is there really!
She has cats (which I love and am allergic to), and she smokes (which I hate and am allergic to). But it is all separate and the cats are upstairs with her!

It appears that the con list is longer than the pro list!!!
BUT I haven't mentioned the big PRO!!!

I would be away from TANYA!
She's not the smartest cookie in the jar, but thinks she's chocolate coated! After 4 years it's getting old.
She ignores and leaves the dog and never walks him, it is getting harder and harder to respect someone and I feel really bad for the dog! He doesn't have his shots either.
She talks about me behind my back, and talks about others to me. I hate that.
I won't have to "chat" anymore about nothing!
I won't have to listen to her excuses about not shoveling the walk or the driveway even though it is her job as landlord.


J's only concern is the smoke. Em doesn't think it will be a problem.
I have trepidations about so many things: leaving the home I have known for so long, this is the last place I thought I would live before I moved to Toronto with Jared. I worry about ruining my friendship.
If I leave here and it doesn't work where will I go, as I will not find a place for this low a rent anywhere else.
I just don't know if I can wait another year for J to make up his mind.

AAAaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Dragonfly 1/02/2005 11:38:00 PM

1 Comments:

Wow - FF, why did you post the Microwave twice?LOL! And thanks for the offer. I will definitely take you up on that if I decide to move. My lovely kitchen stuff could finally come out of storage!! It's been in storage for a very long time, but I know I can't live without a microwave! I'd also like a George Foreman! My cool Roomie, Lisa, has one and I LOVE it! So easy and quick to make a meal on!

I have so much more thinking to do...
Need help! Clarity! AAAaahhh...

I may have to do my Tarot tonight!!

Add a comment