... and into the Light

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

My life... so far... well... today... in a nutshell...

Woke up with a headache. Not a big deal as am still in a relatively good mood. I think this new dose of meds is kind of nice. Nothing really bothers me for very long - everything is kind of funny, and serious stuff - like the possible move of 2 days ago wasn't as stressful as a possiblity as it would have been a month ago... or maybe it was and I just FORGET now that it is over!

My memory is bad... I know that...
here's today's example.

I had to take the car... my little baby for an oil change and check up. Yippee... now I can go on a long drive again. (Although apparently I really need new front brakes... crap, it never ends!) So after I decided to go to the grocery store... but I forgot the LIST.

Okay... okay... I've been looking at this list everyday. It's by the computer. I know it...

So I go into the store, go up and down all the ailses, I have lots of time, RIGHT! Then I get home and check the list.

Peanuts for George... check... whohooo I remembered...Finally!

Damn...
I forgot the parmesean cheese...AGAIN!!! that's twice.

MILK!!! how can I forget milk...
Okay I remembered tomatoes and tomato sauce, and the ground beef. And I got vegetable soup. I also forgot swiffer cloths and I went to Wal-Mart which is where I normally get those, and I was in that aisle too...oh man, I suck... thank goodness I didn't NEED toilet paper!

I didn't do to badly...
So I've started another list...
AGAIN!!!

I think I need to tack the list to the door...
but the decision to go to the grocery store was impromptu, so what do I do if it is next time too... I have way too much free time...

Who know's what I'll do next...

And then I made a rockin dinner...
steak and broccoli with fried mushrooms... YUMMY!
I really like myself today.
Now I am full and ready to golf...
Dragonfly 1/04/2005 07:08:00 PM

4 Comments:

Everyone forgets things from time to time. I would not give it another thought. You know, George is the most important right? Well, I am sure he thinks so. Thus, you got the most important thing the most important thing. I say cheers! Oh, and could you fly to Vegas and make me a real home-cooked meal? I can't remember the last one I had.
Sure I could FLY to Vegas...

It means I won't get the brakes fixed on my car.

Doesn't Audra cook? Wow, that was steroetypical of me, wasn't it?
I'll try again...
What?!?! YOU DON'T COOK!!!


I've been cooking since I was 9 thanks to a very weird, british step-mother. She had no idea what to do with children so she treated us like servants. I am thankful for the knowledge she imparted as I can make myself a meal in under 20 minutes when I want to, or I can cook for an army! It's all good...

I am still full...
Nope, neither of us cook. We suck. I am going to try and start though. It is better for you and mostly cheaper. Hey, why haven't you commented on my wedding photo? I want to know how great I look. C'mon stroke my ego...
You know, I have taught a number of friends the basics of cooking. If I moved to Vegas I could do the same for you...

Or just start watching the Food network on Saturday's, there are some interesting shows that do quick and EASY meals, even for non-chefs...

OR buy a George Foreman and a piece of meat...
Frozen veggies and a microwave...
healthy and fast.
That works for me...

Add a comment