... and into the Light

Monday, January 17, 2005

Relief... so sweet a feeling.

My sister is teaching English in Japan. Over Christmas she went on a 'vacation' to Bali. Bali is an island in Indonesia. When news of the Tsunami came in they mentioned Indonesia, Thialand, and lots of other devestation but the maps did not show a lot of detail. The rule we have with my sister (since Japan has an earthquake problem too) is that she e-mail in time of crisis and let us know she is OK. Well Boxing Day we got 1 e-mail. And then nothing else...

I e-mailed her 2 days ago and today she replied and I cried. She was completely fine. Bali wasn't hit at all, not event the waves were affected, too far south. But she had friends vacationing in Thailand - one got washed out to sea, but was rescued.

I was so happy to get that e-mail today. As short as it was, it helped me remember that as chaotic as life seemes it can all be washed away in an instant. I am glad I am here and I ca still talk to my sister.
And the other good news - she should be home next Christmas - debt free!
Dragonfly 1/17/2005 10:32:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment