... and into the Light

Monday, January 10, 2005

Where is the future?

I realize, after writing today's earlier post, that I wrote of my life expectations up to this point... those that haven't happened as fate has had other plans.

So I've been thinking... what are my life goals now...

I still want to get married
I still want kids (whether or not I give birth to them is in question)
I want to write a novel... fiction
I want a house of my own
I want mental stability

I don't have a time line... Not like before...
Before 40 would be nice but I accept that life happens and that things change.

As for who will be with me...
I hope it to be J, I hope I have the patience to wait... I hope he's worth it.
Dragonfly 1/10/2005 09:58:00 PM

2 Comments:

All good goals. Let's see what are my goals now?

- I want kids before I am thirty. Two and a half years for that.

- I want to have a collection of poetry published.

- I want financial stability, well more of it.

- I want, seriously, a new stove and to learn how to cook.

- I want a college degree.

I guess by forty sounds good too. I keep check on you if you keep check on me!
I think that goals should be laid out in blocks... 5 to 10 years at a time... to allow for the inevitability of life... You know starting over time, time to heal and soften, time to rebound financially.

Besides at 40 a woman can still safely give birth.
(If she decided to do that!)

Add a comment