... and into the Light

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Book Game

This is the first book I could find - on the way to my bedside table - so it was the closest - as per the rules posted on Vegasgustan's Blog (borrowed from Texas Buscuit).

The book belongs to my soon to be former roommate and is called "The Impossibility of Sex" by Susie Orbach
page 123
line 5

"... at one's ideal size and staying with what it engenders long enough to dispel the fantasy of its magical healing powers can bring to the surface the conflicts and issues that have kept the person from attaining her ideal size. Knowing what fears or problems are accentuated and what disappointments lurk in reaching one's ideal size, one has the opportunity to engage and reflect upon them. One discovers how emotional problems have become translated into problems of size and what emotional states are unconsciously coded within the ideal or smaller body. An examination of these emotional issues can be a prelude to an individual's inhabiting a smaller body."

This book contains intimate stories between therapists and patients and I haven't read it, but in keeping with the rules that is what I grabbed. I am in fact trying to figure out how to give it back to the roommate with out reading it even though I said I would.

I am currently reading a book that my Godchild reccommended and I don't even know if it has 123 pages.

*I edited this and added the three full sentences as per Vegas' instruction's... Now I want to read the whole chapter... entitled "Fat Is A... Issue".
But I have stuff to do!!!*
Dragonfly 2/23/2005 09:41:00 AM

3 Comments:

You gotta post the three sentences after line 5, not just line 5. A couple of people missed that part. Maybe I should go back and put it in bold or something. Funny book to be having around, huh?
The WHOLE sentences - OK I'll edit... damn... you are picky!!!

I have things to do today you know!

kidding...
I am being productive...
I have packed and been to the store and the post ofice and unsubscribed to mailing and calling lists in Canada... yippee... I had to do that on-line thus the opportune time to check in... now I have to edit...
Better Damn it! HA Ha Ha.

Hey, you ever had Peeps? The candy? If not go to Bottlingupthecrazy.blogspot.com and MooCow will send you some for free.

Add a comment