... and into the Light

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Let the Games Begin!

Okay - as I don't have an iPod (like some) or an MP3 player... this is my a list of my favorite songs and some old faves...

How many can you get... (I hope they aren't too Canadian for you!)

1. My walls are getting wider and my eyes are drawn astray, I see you now a vague deception of a dying day.

2. The worst part was hitting the ground Not the feeling so much as the sound

3. So I turned the radio on, I turned the radio up, and this woman was singing my song

4. The love I put away, like games the children play. The heart you choose to break, like cars dumped in the lake.

5. Don't go home now it's past midnight you can sleep here we'll have breakfast.

6. I might want to marry you one day if you watch that weight and you keep that firm body

7. All this time I can't believe I couldn't see, kept in the dark but you were there in front of me.

8. An enigma wrapped in a mystery or a fool consumed by fear?

9. We made love on a bed that sank down to the floor, in a room with a postcard on the door.

10. Hey little girl would you like some candy your momma said that its ok

11. The worst is over now and we can breathe again I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain away.

12. I blacked out I came to And it's all such a blur had a blast I assume but I'm really not sure. Exactly where am I know baby.

13. Have you heard the one about the boy who moved into the henhouse to sleep? He woke up with egg on his face when he found out all the hens had crossed the street.

14. Remember that night at my window when I waved at you? I must have been 5 or so but I never forgot you.

15. Here drink some water soon you'll feel better I know we have all my love.

16. Maybe I caught you at a bad time Maybe I should call you back next week Maybe half the fault was mine

17. Mirror in the sky what is love? Can the child within my heart rise above?

18. No one knows what its like to feel these feelings like I do, and I blame you.

19. I'm losing sleep and it's gonna be keeping me up all night. I thought it was funny but now I got money on a monley fight.

20. Why do I find it hard to write the next line when I want the truth to be said.

21. My lips are dry I'm teary eyed for you my love Hearken all you fallen angels help me find a place to rest my head

22. I'm sick with the Bejing flu and you chose then not to come home A week later I caught you kissing a girl who was my clone

23. I'm in the middle of no wherenear the end of the line But there's a border to somewhere waiting

24. Cause you were the greatest friend of all except for when you split my lip in two To see the look upon your face as I launch you into space.

25. Oh please machine lets keep this terminal clean I say, I see your face in every crowd...

26. I want to wake up I want to know where I'm going I want to go where the rivers are overflowing

27. I wonder where I'd go if I could fly around downtown from some other planet I get this funky high on yellow sun

28. Marry him or marry me I'm the one that loves you baby can't you see?

29. Don't you love the life you killed The priest is on the phone Your father hit the wall YOur ma disowned you

30. Lying here with you listening to the rain smiling just to see the smile upon your face



Well there you go!!

Good luck!
Dragonfly 2/05/2005 11:26:00 AM

2 Comments:

2) BNL-Fell asleep at the wheel
3) Lisa Loeb-Stay (I missed you)
6) Alanis-Hands Clean
17) Landslide-Fleetwood Mac
27) Match Box 20-Change?
28) Spin Drs.-2 princes
29) Goo Good Dolls-?
30) Edwin McCain-Could not ask for more

I wish I knew more of them....

Good lyrics and I can't wait for the answers.
27 - right artist wrong song.
17 - I would accept the Dixie Chicks as well.

I'm surprised you didn't get more... but good job...

Add a comment