... and into the Light

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The best way to "tick off" a cat!

First: get up late putting the breakfast feeding a little behind schedule. Then forgoe the usual sit at computer and lap rest as the plumber was here to fix mini-Niagara Falls from Em's dishwasher...

Second: lock cat in bathroom during plumbers visit as to foil cat's escape attempts, failed to put towel or blanket on floor for comfy spot to rest bottom... poor baby!

Third: Leave for day to do shopping (yes, cat was let out of bathroom). Still no cuddle, lat rest, have already had a firm talking too by Shadow telling of her disapproval of the whole situation.

Fourth: Return from shopping trip with new collar for cat - hot pink with pretty bell... now she can't sneak up on the bird! Not cool in her eyes!

Fifth: De-worming pills. This is the only cat I have ever met who doesn't like moist food and has since puked twice thus making the deworming useless... ohwell.

Sixth: Flea Drops... the kind that you put on the back of their neck. It is spring. Time to prevent before they come in the house. JUST IN CASE!!!

This is not a happy cat.
So if you are looking to make your cat unhappy try these tactics... I think the only thing to make it worse would be to incluse a trip to the vet and a spay/neuter plus shots. That's coming but I don't think I'll tell Shadow that!
Dragonfly 3/30/2005 11:37:00 PM

5 Comments:

That does not sound like a good day at all for Shadow. You need to give her some serious lovin' soon.
I think she forgave me at bedtime - she took over my pillow then cuddled under the blankets before taking her usual spot for the night. I awoke to her morning meow as I lifted my head from my repossessed pillow. She got a lovely brush this morning and has resumed her "shadowing" duties and has barely left my side all morning. Even the bird being out of his cage hasn't changed that. All is well with Shadow this morning (she even used her scratching post) - we will see how she is after I get home from work.
Nice.

Brodie has been crazy all night. He is barking more and more. He has the funniest "big dog" bark. I wish there was audio on blogger, so you could hear it.
I firmly believe that Shadow is Rootbeer reincarnated. She is beginning to display many of Rootbeers qualities everyday... like helping me to make the bed and sleeping under the covers at night. Plus she has begun 'chirp' talking just like Rootbeer did... very amusing and her listening skills are amazing! Rootbeer was the cat I got wher I was 18 and had for 10 years... she was cool!
I truly believe that that could happen. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Add a comment