... and into the Light

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

It's like riding a bike!

The nervousness, the trepidation, the anxiety, the stress... well it was all for nothing. Not nothing, exactly. But of course I put way too much THOUGHT into going back to work and made it more than what it was.

I was not asked questions by anyone that i couldn't handle, those that asked were friends that I had seen while off, and it was - "So taday's the big day huh? How are ya feeling? Do ya need anything?"
Yup... I must say I totally over-thought every aspect of my return.

My stomach was a mess, I felt crappy... Now I feel better.
It took about 15 minutes before I experienced TOTAL RECALL!!! I know my job. I don't need to be retrained. My access cards work - I can get in doors (Thanks to my manager.) I signed the papers to get my computer codes reactivated today... so they should be up by the weekend.

The only downdside... it was noisy. I got a headache. I am used to the quite of home. I had to take some Advil. But I guess I'll get used to that again - or I'll start wearing ear plugs to dull out the sound.

But it wasn't bad.
I am tired though.
4 hours is a long time, especially when I was shadowing (watching and helping, without touching money)... so basically staying in and out of the way at the same time!!!

Tomorrow I rest.
There is a guy coming to check the weeping tiles by the bedroom, and someone to check the plumbing over the kitchen (leaking pipes) and I am borrowing The Incredibles from Emas she got it for the boys!!! yippee!!!
BIG DAY!!!

Now I am off...
My bed calls.. the cat is already in it!
Dragonfly 3/15/2005 07:22:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment