... and into the Light

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The TP Game Part I

This is my game. Started becaause Vegas has a huge Ego and I really wnat to quash it.

So the Rules...
1. you have 2 days.
2. NO GOOGLE cheating (or other search engine cheating for that matter)
3. Answer as many as you can in one shot - no multiple comments or they don't count!
4. Even if someone else has answered and you believe them right post your answers including theirs - I am looking for the person with the most correct answers.

Once a week I will post new questions... probably Tuesday - the answers will be up by 10am Friday morning (Ontario time).
Good luck to all!
Feel free to tell friends - invite them over too.


Here are you questions:

1. What world war II leader's typewriter rests in Bessemer, Alabama's Hall of History museum?

2. Who was the only Hollywooder besides Robin Williams and Tom Hanks to star in seven films that grossed over $100 million in the 1990's?

3. Who recieved nearly seven million votes in the 1988 Democratic presidential primaries, second only to Michale Dukakis?

4. What TV sitcom star wrote the best-selling non-fiction books of 1986 adn 1987?

5. What controversial theory did researchers revive under the names "low-energy" and Chemically-assisted" nuclear reactions?

6. What was the only men's hoops team of the 1990's to successfully defend its NCAA title?

7. What nation challenges surfers to experience Pico Alto, the largest wave in South America?

8. What line followed "O say can you see," in Macy Gray's rendition of 'The Star Spangled Banner' at Football's 2001 Hal of Fame Game?

9. What Florida prostitute is the most commonly cited exception to the rule that there are no female serial killers?

10. What Eoin Colger book introduced a generation of children to dwarf flatulence?

11. What organization did Lotus founder Mitch Kapor launch in 1990 to defend free speech in the brave new world of cyberspace?

12. What 50-year-old sped past his own son in 1988 to become the oldest Daytona 500 Champ?

The Challenge is on.
You have until 10am Friday morning to answer... and I am keeping score.
Good Luck!
Dragonfly 3/29/2005 09:11:00 AM

3 Comments:

Aw, jeez. I did not really think you would do it. I have yet to read the questions, but I will. I will email you twelve questions in a little while, we will see who gets more right. May the best person win...hell, it might just be you.
Okay here goes...

Not my best performance...

Ego shrinking....

1. Hitler (I from GA...right next door)
2. Not sure, but I'll say Harrison Ford
3. Again, not sure but I am going with Al Gore
4. Easy one, Bill Crosby.
5. Got me...Cold Fusion.
6. Not even gonna guess.
7. Peru...I saw it on a doc once.
8. I don't know.
9. Aileen Wuornos. GREAT MOVIE!
10. No Idea Either.
11. Got me...
12. Bobby Allison...again I from Georgia.

So, how did I do?

I would have hoped better.
Vegas - 6/12... not bad. I won't post the answers yet. Just your score.

Add a comment