... and into the Light

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Circle of Life

I remember when she was short enough to walk under the kitchen table (without hitting her head). It was a time of wonder and delight. Learning to thumbs up made her giggle for an hour, using it right made us laugh out loud.
The feel of the wind rushing past the car window would make her stop crying - she loved to stick her hand out there (and she could just reach from her car seat). I loved the way she would tuck her hand into her armpit to warm it up and then beg 'no' when asked if we could close the window because she (and we) were cold.

Dressing her as a pumpkin for Halloween and then putting her pink winter coat overtop because it wouldn't fit underneath. But how adorable the hat looked...

Now she's growing up.
She's wearing dark colours, clothes that are too big, and too baggy. Secret phone conversations and making plans that don't include Dad (or DF). She even goes to the store on her own now (something I had a hard time with the first time, but now I love!!)

She has posters on her walls - her 'famous' best friends: Brittany, Avril, MaryKate and Ashley, JoJo, Ashley, and Hillary. She even refers to them by their first names.
Then there's the Cream of the Crop. The ONE!!! Chad!!! yes, Chad Michael Murray.

The First Crush!
The only boy she likes.
The first boy cute enough to appear on her wall.
She won't even talk about why she likes him.
"He's in a few movies, you know. He was in that one with Hillary. You saw it DF." Then she rolled her eyes.
Oh... the misery... having to explain herself.

That's why I ask questions.
It's my job to bug her.
I always have.
I always will.
I do it best.

(I wrote this after my last trip to see R. It's one of the stack...)
Dragonfly 6/14/2005 09:08:00 PM

2 Comments:

That WAS really beautiful...seriously.
Thanks.
I like it cause it's true.
She really does amaze me, every time I see her.
She gets more and more... amazing.

Add a comment