... and into the Light

Friday, June 17, 2005

I had to do it...

I swore I wasn't going to write about it any more.
But yesterday was such an amazing day that I just have to share.

Two months ago I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years. A long distance relationship.

during the entire time we dated I was very aware of my finances. I knew approximately how much money I had in my account and how much room I had to play with every month. In the middle of the month I knew there would be enough money to cover my bills at the end of the month.

Yesterday was Payday. I called to check my account balance. The amount of money in my account far exceeded my usual expectations.

Panic almost set in. Right after a moment of confusion (?What? Is that right?)So I check to see that everything is in order... bills paid, direct withdrawals...withdrawn... nothing out of the ordinary.) I realized that NOT driving to Toronto ($40/week), and NOT spending $100/week on groceries and eating out has made a significant improvement on my account balance.

A big enough improvement, that this will be the first month in 3 years that I won't have to pay the service fee on my CHEQUING account as I have a large enough bvalance that it negates the fee... WHOOHOO!!!!


The interesting thing about the break-up is that it took me a while to tell family and most found out in e-mails and through other family.

My bestfriend was at her cottage and was approached by a relative who asked her what had happened between my EX and myself. Her response was "different people, different lifestyles, didn't work out. Besides, he's an idiot."
*(I love her honesty the first part says it the best as far as I'm concerned... really.) My relative then proceeds to tell her that he drove down to talk to my Dad and asked for permission to marry me.

My first thought was RELIEF.
I got out of that relationship at just the right time.
Then I started to laugh...
Does this mean he is stuck with a ring?

Seriously?
I laughed and laughed.
I didn't realize how happy I was being single until yesterday.
And I was to scattered and emotional to write about it...

So even though I promised myself I wouldn't write about him.
I have.
But I had to.

I made a life changing decision.
And things keep happening that PROVE to me that I made the right one.
AND it feels so good!
Dragonfly 6/17/2005 12:53:00 PM

1 Comments:

I still giggle.
It's been over 24 hours and I stil giggle...
will it ever stop?

Boy, I hope not!

Add a comment