... and into the Light

Friday, June 24, 2005

Sing the Praises of the Extended Warranty!!!

I know I am.

It all began yesterday, shortly after leaving work.
For the full story visit My Life... Chaotic Dischord.

I was having a wee problen with my car, thought I had it under cintrol, realized I was wrong (as I saw the trail of Fluid leading from my car, down the driveway, the arch where I had reversed on the street into the driveway and down the street).

Not a good sign at all.

I then hit panic...
full panic.
had a wee cry.

called to see if my warranty covered towing in this instance (it did), that was one good sign. So I collected all the papers I thought I would need and took an anxiety pill and went to bed.

I got up at 7am, called the dealership, then called the tow truck to take my car in.

Tow truck guy was nice...

The dealership service guy, Mike, was sympathetic too. Understood how I felt.
The worst is the "DF, we need to talk." As he sits down beside me.
"You need a new rad."
me - "What?"
Mike - "A Radiator."
me - "I know what a rad is Mike, but I came here because my transmission is leaking fluid. What does that have to do with my rad."

At that point he tried to explain it to me, but I was trying not to smack him because he was giving me that 'woman, don't know anything about cars' look.
Then he said "warranty" "fully covered" "Called Enterprise, that's covered too. Sit tight."

Then he went away.

'Wait' I wanted to yell. 'I promise I'll listen now.' Then another mechanic came in and asked if I wanted anything from my car...
oh - no... I didn't!
YUP... back into girl mode...
"My CD..."
So I went and got my Vanity Project CD (because god forbid I live without it for the weekend)... oh and I grabbed sunglasses too!

The enterprise girl, Kat, picked me up...
in a Dodge Magnum.
"Is this my car?"
"probably not" she says.
But after getting to the dealership and figuring out what was on the lot and what I drive and how things work, I left there with that very cool, sweet car...
Yup I am driving a DODGE MAGNUM for the weekend.
and I don't have to pay for it.

I really like this deal.

I kind of hope my car takes a couple of extra days to get fixed.
I mean I love my car.
But the Magnum...
Oh... that is a sweet ride.

Oh and for the record.
I returned to normal around 2pm.
My brain waves have resumed normal function and I can answer most questions quickly and coherently. Girl mode did not last all day.

Although, I still get a little excited when I think about the Magnum.

It's too bad I have to drive to Burlington for a family thing tomorrow... a sacrifice, driving that sweet, sweet car.
I guess I will have to suffer.
Not in silence though... it has a really nice stereo.
Dragonfly 6/24/2005 11:07:00 PM

3 Comments:

*blush*

I will forgive you for that comment FF.

This time.

I understand. I really do.

*giggle*
Hubby and I were in Heaven when we went back home to visit and got a free upgrade to a Dodge Durango...a monster with a Hemi so we were this all weekend:

"Get our of our way bitches, we got a Hemi!"
Yes... hemi's are fun.

I must admit to squealing the tires while turning a corner as I was getting used to the power...

*blush*

It has been a fun weekend.

Add a comment