... and into the Light

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

With Screaming Voices...

It was the longest, most monotonous, surliest, dismally melancholy day at work I had ever experienced.
Tuesday, June 21st, 2005 will go down as the worst day ever.

Why?
Why? You really have to ask!
Have you all forgotten?
Have you all gone out of your minds.
Did you forget that I have been sitting patiently, in quiet anticipation, for the release of 'The Vanity Project'?

It was all I could do to stay at work my alloted 8 hours yesterday.
8 hours!
A bizarre form of torture if you ask me.
But I did it.

And I had to go to the mall to get MY cd...
I loathe the mall.

I got it home.
Curled up on the couch and...
listened to the sweet soothing sounds of Steven Page wafting through my living room.

The CD is very mellow. Much more acoustic than BNL stuff, very earthy and bluesy at the same time. There are a couple upbeat songs and I have already developed a couple faves.

One, 'Glitterbug', speaks directly too me.
I often wonder if Steven Page is bi-polar or depressive as his music (both BNL and now the VP) has songs that describe the inner workings of that state of mind. (I know, I live there).
The song Glitterbug, would be exactly what I would want my mate, best friend, lover to say to me to show that he understands and really does care.

Glitterbug:

Glitterbug with your mind everywhere,/ I'm anywhere you want me to be / Take your time, but take care / For in the end we're all history / Don't be shy - let everyone, / Or me, at least, inside / You'll be fine; you'll be fine in the morning, sunshine / Fine, you will find if you're mine you might be free / We shall see / Glitterbug with your eyes through the grey / There's something I need you to say / Could be Hi, go away, / Or anything that makes it okay / From the ground you are the only / Star that shines tonight / If you go you will know that you'll shine forever / Come, if you're mine you will shine eternaly / Wait and see / From the bar to the stars / Through the haze of a thousand wasted days / You must be tired; you've burned so bright. / So goodnight, goodnight Glitterbug

Words and music by Stephen Duffy and Steven Page (SOCAN)


If I could I would download it for you.
But there is a link.
I haven't gone there yet.
It is on my list of things to do tonight.

So I'll post it now...

The Vanity Project

No Idea where it goes...
I'll be back.
Dragonfly 6/22/2005 08:51:00 PM

1 Comments:

That link... it does take you too the site...
It is cool there are samples of the songs.
You can download stuff and there is a blog.

It is pretty neat.

Sample So.Cal.
It is a fave.
The sample will do nothing for the actual song though.
I'll post the lyrics later.
For now off to bed.
I've been on-line so long I've heard the CD 3 times!! *Sigh* Not that I mind.

Add a comment