... and into the Light

Monday, July 11, 2005

I used to love it when....

I had had a rough day and I could go for a walk at night, down to the beach and lie on the rocks right at the waters edge. Listening to the waves lapping gently on the shore would sooth my frazzled nerves. I could sort through the chaos of the day and all the bitterness and angry, frustration and tears would be washed away with those waves.

Some days the waves would be big and loud. I wouldn't have to be there long.

I could get lost in the billions of stars that shone in the sky. Where I lived, before Niagara Falls there was one street light and it made no difference on the night sky. The stars were amazing over the water. They carried me forever.

Tonight... is one of the nights I want to go home.
Not because I need to rehash the day and get rid of the frustrations. I am actually doing fine.

I miss the stars.
I miss the waves.
I miss the lake.

I have the best spot for watching the stars and the satellites streak past, that is protected from the wind (although with the heat today it isn't necessary).
I would love to lie there for an hour, and get lost in the stars. Listen to the waves. I can almost here them lapping gently on the shore.

Mostly it's the stars I miss.
I haven't really seen them in years.
Dragonfly 7/11/2005 09:56:00 PM

3 Comments:

I have a place that I go to to unwind and relax...but it's back home, so now I haven't been there in a year and I want to go back too. I feel ya...although my place wasn't half as nice as yours.
"Starry starry night, paint your palette blue and grey.
Look out on a summer's day with eyes that know the darkness in my soul."-don mclean
Music was always my way of travelling to peaceful places. Although the lyric has nothing to do with watching the stars it always had that feeling to me.
Hope your travels take you to your special place.
I know how you feel. In Georgia there was a place out at the Lake that I would always go to. I called it "Conscious Point" I loved to hear the lake and look out at the stars. Now, living in Vegas you would have to take quite a drive out into the desert to get that. And even then, it would not compare. Ah memories...

Add a comment