... and into the Light

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Can Somebody Say... This Sucks!

I have to go to work in 30 minutes.
My hair is still wet - but I let it dry naturally anyway.
I am half in my uniform - but I don't put my shirt on until right before I walk out the door.
My lunch is packed and im my bag.
I am exhausted - but that is expected after the day I had yesterday.

Lets's recap - as I didn't get to post...

Friday, after I finished posting and before going to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (it's even better the 2nd time) - the phone rings. My sister informs me my dad has checked himself into the hospital with major stomach pains and is on morphine (something I am sure he likes) and that they dont know what is wrong with him. Since I am going to Kincardine anyway - I am to check on him!!! SO...
I go to the movie.

Them R and I get up, drive to Kincardine, I leave her at home and go see my dad.
He's fine.
Really!
Not in pain.
Not on the morphine anymore.
They won't discharge him over the weekend.
Test results haven't come in yet.
So I hang with him for a while.
Then I go to R's house and have a nap - stress will do that too a girl.

Then I take the long way home - stupid construction.

So I get in around 10:30...
I now get anxious on the highway after dark... I am hoping this is a temporary, over-exhaustion, stress related issue not something to really 'worry' about (mind you idiot's were weaving in and out of traffic at ridiculous speeds and shooting past me...I don't like that)
And I went to bed.
AFTER drinking an insane amount of water and a bottle of Gatorade as I didn't drink enough yesterday.
Needless to say I was up 3 times to pee through the night... once I even got lost and woke up the bird because I walked into his cage... I'm thinking I should leave a light on when I drink that much water.

So now I am going to work.
Hopefully my brain will function and I will stay awake.

I may ask if I can come home early.
I need to get some sleep.
So tired still and am still feeling dehydrated!

The cat is searching for R... it is kind of cute.
Dragonfly 8/14/2005 09:24:00 AM

1 Comments:

Hang in there DF. Hang in there.

Add a comment