... and into the Light

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Living in Chaotic Splendor

Somewhere along the way I have collected many things.
A coffee Table that doesn't fit my couch. A writing desk I love but all it does is store stuff, I write in bed or at the computer, or curled up on the couch, not at a desk (and yes I am aware that the cumputer is on a desk - but shut it!!!). There's also all the bird and cat toys that have come to the house... not to mention the numerous movies, video games, lanterns, candles, papers and god knows what else have appeared that I have to 'keep' because they are mine and I apparently need them to survive.

But Do I really NEED all of this stuff?

I have noticed that I have too much stuff for the small space I live in. And I rarely use half of it.
I want to get rid of it but don't know where to start.

The ultimate - I would love to have Clean Sweep come here and do my livingroom/kitchen and bedroom.

Because that would be awesome!!!
I could get rid of lots of stuff!!!
I did throw a lot of stuff out when I moved in March, but I don't think I got rid of enough... there's still a lot.

How much of your life can you throw away, before you lose yourself?
I am still me, but the stuff is still here and untouched. SO... obviously it is unnecessary, I just need to let go.
I look around and wonder why I keep so many things I don't want and don't use.
And why I need to ask permission to let them go.
Dragonfly 9/10/2005 03:00:00 PM

3 Comments:

I'm just surfing. Your blog was the third to come up, and the first in english, when hitting 'next blog' from my own. This post intrigued me though. Is your concern actually physical space that's being taken up by your things or is it something deeper? Do you really feel that throwing away things is throwing away your life or part of it?

If you do a 'clean sweep' will you feel you need to fill that space again? If you do need to fill it, will you fill it with true life or will you simply get more things?

Love the cartoon.

See ya.
There are some things I threw away in order to move here that I miss like mad. And yes, there are things that haven't left where I packed them. But If I threw them away it would be like throwing away part of my childhood.

There will come a day where I'll want desperately to see and hold something in my hand, and if it isn't there it will make me cry.

I totally didn't help you there, did I? I'm sorry!
Thanks for stopping by Scott.

Paige: The things that I have here that are taking up space have no real maning to me. So losing them wouldn't be 'traumatic'.
I am just tired of the clutter.

Besides I have a second computer inthe living room right now that is waiting to become the primary computer and therefore is taking up more space... it has to wait for the move into the computer room...
The chaos is aggravating.

If I could get rig of the bird I would have much more space - his cage and foor perch takes up a LOT of room!!! But that won't happen any time soon...

Add a comment