... and into the Light

Friday, September 16, 2005

Market Monopolizing Faciscts

I hate BELL!!!
Depise them.
For years they have been the only telephone service provider in Canada and when competition finally was allowed onto the market they still dominate in certain areas. I still HAVE to have Bell for local service as they are the lowest rates and the lowest rates really isn't that low.

Needless to say my abscence on blog over the last few days has not been voluntary.
Yes - there have been times when I have chosen to not write.
I have lurked.
I have only commented.
I have *touched* my Moo-friend.
And not posted anything here or on Chaotic Dichord just because I have nothing of value, or substance to say.

However, since Wednesday, upon returning home from a wonderfully stimulating and terribly exciting day at work...(OK I exaggerate - nothing happened. I live in a dream world OK!!! I admit it)... I discovered that my phone was not working.
Actually Buttercup did the discovering when she tried to call me and got someone else - a Mrs. Beautit (or something else equally ridiculous). When I tried to use my phone to call Buttercup (who by the way lives upstairs) I got a recording from Bell Canada saying that my services had been disconnected. So I called them. Weird that the only number I could call is Bell... not 611, but their 310-BELL number. There is this really cool automated system. Voice activavted. Her name is Emily. She's won awards for being the smartest automated system ever - but when you are annoyed Emily SUCKS!!!!
So when I told Emily that "my phone has been disconnected" she promptly put me through to "Repairs and Technical Support" and told me that my call would be recorded. "Gee... thanks Emily!!"

I was informed - by a person - that the repair call would go out, but they didn't know when my phone would get fixed, or why it was happening.

I had a message on my cell from Emily when I got out of work saying that the repairs would take place on the 16th before 6pm...
BEFORE 6PM!!! That's all day!!!
So I call EMILY back... she then informs me that it is before 9PM!!!! Good god - I have to stop calling - it gets later.... "Customer Service" I nearly yell into the phone...
A customer service representative comes on and tells me that there are so many repairs for Friday that the guys are working overtime - so there's no telling when they will be anywhere. Hopefully I will get gone quickly. Mostly I just want to know if I have to be home. She can't answer that either.

Once again I curse Bell... Damn them.

So far today I have gone to aquafit.
Been shopping at Wal-Mart (I know damn them too!), Giant Tiger and the Grocery Store.
I also got a Green Tea from StarBucks.

And I was here for the Bell Guy.
Who, by the way, was really cute!!!
Not a bad day after all.

I'm thinking about ripping the jack out of the wall just to get him back here.

Good idea?
Dragonfly 9/16/2005 06:58:00 PM

1 Comments:

If a hot telephone girl came to my house and I was single...I'd do something to get them back. Then, I would ask her out right then and there. You never know until you try.

I posted. No really.

Add a comment