... and into the Light

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Secret Life of...

There isn't anything special about it. There isn't anything that is out of the ordinary either. She goes to work. Sometimes it is a good day, sometimes smiling comes naturally, sometimes it is forced. She comes home to her pets, the ones that drive her crazy but love her anyway. She sits on the computer and checks her e-mail, the easiest way for her to communicate with people and then maybe watches her shows on TV. If she's lucky someone will find her on IM and she'll find something interesting to chat about - but this is a new attraction, since the new computer... The old one couldn't tolerate it.

Now her life is more... multi-task-able... DSL ROCKS!!!

I don't hate my life.
I'm just comfortable in it.
I think it's time for something more.

My mom and my sister are trying to encourage me to try on-line dating, they think it's time. I am very reluctant. I have been chatting with someone from work but he is so shy and quiet I am having a hard time maintaining a conversation. So I asked some hard questions and when I saw the answers I realized that my energies might be better off pursuing someone else.
I'm quiet too. But I don't want to waste my time. Anymore.

So where do I go from here?

Back to my hole in the ground.
And to work tomorrow.
Because that is what I know.
And that is what I do.
Dragonfly 9/28/2005 08:56:00 PM

2 Comments:

My brother and his wife got married from eHarmony.com, so maybe there is something to it.

What about joining some sort of club like you told me to do?
Alice: Thanks.

VG: I'm still scared of on-line dating though. AND I go out - I go to aquafit - but there's no boys there. I hvae other places I go but not as often... I think I just want everything right now... no waiting.

Add a comment