... and into the Light

Friday, September 30, 2005

The Truth Eludes Me

She's staring at the wall again. There's nothing there. But she's sitting staring - she's been there for at least 10 minutes. She sits up then lies down, then sits up again. It is quite unnerving to watch.

Cats are weird.

I was at my psychiatrist this morning reading an article about our new Governor General. Another patient came in amd was pacing... continuously, in and out of the waiting room... and he was sighing, but the pacing was the worse. I almost put the magazine down and watched him as I was fascinated by this behaviour. I knew it was either his medication, or a manic cycle... And I saw myself in that same behaviour. But I realized me staring would have made him feel nervous and that might have made it worse. I then realized that my heart was beginning to race and I needed to get up too... My body was responding to that 'anxiety'?
What!?!
He's making me nervous?
This is weird...

Finally the Dr came and called for me and I followed her to her office and I said "OK - pacing guy, making me a little anxious."
She says "He's harmless. His meds make him unable to sit for any length of time but he feels better. So he doesn't want to change them... I can't argue with him about it yet... So - How you doing?"
OK... That's weird... I learnt about a patient as it realted to my reaction... but craziness... why live that way... I hate the pacing... it is TIRING!!!! Exhausting actually... and he chooses to be that way... that's psychotic. So I feel better about myself today.

I treated myself to a Chai Tea Latte at Starbucks - NonFat of course... YUMMmmm!!!

Why do little treats make us feel renewed?
A haircut and a latte.
Little things that make you feel like a new person... they can refresh and rejeuvinate you and your mood.

It has been a good day.

Now if only someone would clean my house it would be a great day!
Dragonfly 9/30/2005 02:46:00 PM

3 Comments:

Wow, shouldn't the dr not be discussing other patients? I thought that was in the big rulebook somewhere...whatever happens between your doctor and your priest is between the two of you. Oh well, I guess that little bit didn't harm anyone.

Yum, Starbucks...I like the Fraps myself though.
Doctor-patient confidentiality only applies when you really really fear getting your pants sued off.

I like little treats as well, but I don't treat myself to them often. I think they make us feel like we can give ourselves unconditional love. Rewarding yourself for doing something for an accomplishment is nice, but the treating yourself for the hell of it has different debonair quality to it.
Paige: She only talked of the patient briefly as the patient as affecting me - and why... besides I too have had the same problem with meds but I choose to change them he won't.
Fraps are good too - but ooohhhh.... the fat and calories in them.... besides it was cold today. Thus the latte!

Grend: It's hard to sue Dr.s in Canada hehehe... besides no one got hurt...
My usual Starbucks treat is a Green tea (usually iced) - but I don't do that very often either...
Today really was a treating kind of day!!

Add a comment