... and into the Light

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Surprise Surprise

I was chatting with a friend the other day about - of all things - cookies. No, not computer cookies (which I am sorry to say I really don't completely understand) but the best kind of cookies. The cookies that are only available at certain times of the year and are sold door to door. The kind of coolies that some people love and some people hate.

And yes - the most expensive box of damn cookies EVER!!!

The Girl Guide cookie.
And the Mint Chocolate Girl Guide cookie at that.

Essentially this is how the conversation went.

DF: Damn. I would love me some mint chocolate Girl Guide Cookies.
BC: Really? Not the cream filled kind?
DF: No. They suck. I hate cream filled cookies - except for Raspberry Fruit Cremes - they Rock... but I really only like the Mint Chocolate Girl Guide Cookies.
BC: Okay.
DF: If any Guides come to the door will you get me a box and I'll pay you back - or hell - I'll give you money to keep by the door incase any come?!?!?!?
BC: I haven't had Girl Guides come to the door ever... but I'll get you them for sure.
DF: The mint chocolate kind...OK!
BC: Don't worry!

I know it is weird that I actually wanted a cookie... with how well I have been doing lately it I was a weak moment I was having when I actually wanted a cookie - but these cookies really do rock.

So tonight while I was chatting on the phone with my fave girl Firefly, there was a knock on my door. It was my girl BC... with a box of MINT CHOCOLATE Girl Guide cookies. Poor Firefly had to endure my screaming in her ear as my excitement reached peak levels. How ironic that days after that initial conversation a real life Girl Guide showed up at the door with the exact cookie I had been craving...

If only I still wanted one...

But later my sweets - you will be mine!!!!
Dragonfly 10/26/2005 08:26:00 PM

3 Comments:

yeah Firefly!!! - come and get one...!!!! hehehehe
We have Girl Scout cookies around here. Something called a Thin Mint. It's mint chocolate also. Yummy!
Kid_lysol: another difference between the States and Canada right there - the same cookie - with 2 names...
Strange....

But delicious nonetheless!!!!

Add a comment