... and into the Light

Monday, November 07, 2005

Chaos or Beauty... You tell me?

I think I am growing as a person... Or I am just learning to separate things from what I can control within my life and what I cannot.
Besides I know I am at a completely different place now emotionally than I was last year at this time and in this exact same situation.

We are having a shift bid at work.
That means that, once again, my days off and my scheduled shift are possibly going to change. Actually... I should say... My shift and days are are most definitely going to change.
Now last year I was having insane panic attacks everytime the subject came up, I was in tears at the thought of losing Fridays and Saturdays off - because of the changes that would ensue. I was devastated at the thought of losing my shift (I was on afternoons then) and I was angry that we were even having the shift bid to begin with.

This time... I am calm. I understand the reasons behind managements decision to have another bid (even if I think it is stupid) and I accept the changes that are going to occur.
I think that my response to the shift bid this time says a lot for the way I have grown and changed over the last year...

or....

I just have so many other things going on I really don't care anymore...
Maybe that knock on the noggin' knocked some sense into me... Damn... Is that all I needed?
If ever I start freaking out again... I give my BFF's permission to smack me on the back of the head again!
Bring it on, I say.
Dragonfly 11/07/2005 08:06:00 PM

2 Comments:

Part of the growning process is realizing that you have to seperate the things you can control from the things that you cant. I am glad to hear that you are calm about this shift bid. Good on ya.
I'm going to have to say that I'm with bondgirl on this one. I'm finding that I really can't fret about too much these days, especially the things that I have no control over. Example: my singleness!! *pulling out hair* ;)

Add a comment