... and into the Light

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Fellowship of the Ring

Good support is hard to find.
And I am not talking about a good bra, although, finding a good bra can be quite the task as well.

I'm thinking more along the lines of emotional support. Those that are there to support you, hold your hands, give you a hug that may make your day just a little easier.

For me... I have my 2 therapists... Yup 2 people... I am that crazy... One gives me the drugs and we talk, the other gives me coping techniques and they both work together. Quite the set-up actually. It is nice walking into the office of one and her knowing what chaos may have ensued in my life as they have had their meeting. I can just continue with the story.

At work, I have my friend Mario. He is always there for a good hug. Somedays (like today) when I am not feeling good, he is there to give me a little cuddle, and tell me that it's all gonna be OK. Other days, he is just good for an ego boost.
There's also Mel, Lisa, and Nat... they are great too... I wish I had more time to hang with them outside of work.

I feel like I have my own personal fellowship... hehehe (see Firefly - you have to take these movies back)...
My friends are with me as I make this journey called life.

Firefly, BondGirl and LondonLee are always there for me, for laughs and giggles, for helping solve a problem or two, or for just chatting about absolutely nothing.

There really isn't a reason for this post... I was just thinking about where I would be this week without the support I have gotten from everyone in my circle.

I had therapy.
I talked to Firefly, BondGirl and LL.
I got my hug from Mario.
Mel and I chatted. As did Nat and I.
And of course, I have my blogs - I would be so much less sane without being able to babble incessantly here (or on Dischord for that matter).
And I feel better.

I can't imagine trying to get through life alone.

Thanks.
Dragonfly 11/15/2005 10:42:00 PM

2 Comments:

Once again the boyfriend DOESN't get a mention.
Still love you though.
TR
Sorry Teddy, I was on a roll and left out a few people...
the love was there... really!

Add a comment