... and into the Light

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Mystery Men

At first I though it innocent enough... The wind took our garbage can and blew it down the street. A neighbour absconded it and adopted it as their own. Disappointing, but... frankly, it happens.

But this morning. I left for work and noticed that the laundry basket that we use for a second blue box was missing from the end of the driveway. The actual bluebox was there - still filled with the many recyclables that we had acquired over the last 2 weeks. Yet, missing from it's side was the white laundry basket filled to the brim with empty water bottles and other plastics.
The garbage truck had gone by - but not the recycling truck - and yes they are 2 separate trucks here... But the laundry basket/bluebox was gone, it's side kick was there.

Where did it go? I mean who steals recycling... Why would you want it?
And where did the garbage can go? The day it disappeared I had put it back beside the house before going to work... So it had to have been knocked over and blown down the driveway and then it disappeared... Gone but not forgotten. And not seen since.

What kind of freakish neighbour's do I have that they steal my garbage can and my recycle bin... I mean really! Get your own garbage and make your own recyclables... It isn't that hard!!

I wish I had x-ray vision to search the neighbourhood for our possessions... Cause this is just weird.
Dragonfly 11/29/2005 11:10:00 PM

4 Comments:

that's kinda funny but sad. seriously. who steal/takes that kind of stuff, it's not like it's expensive to buy your own. people can be so weird.
yeah
People seriously need more hobbies...
I think it's people trying to collect plastic recycling. Cause the same thing would happen when I put plastics into the blue plastic recycle bags. They didn't do it when it was mixed with the other recyclables only when the plasic was all ready seperated.

Add a comment