... and into the Light

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Office Space

The day began like any other... if you consider today was the shift bid at work and I had the strangest dreams about it all night.

Work was a barrel full of emotions. First I was calm and collected. Then after talking to a coworker or two I was slightly anxious, the plan I had devised seemed to be in jeopardy... but that's fine, I thought. There's always the back-up. It came my time to pick. Nat got the LAST early days spot, P got my Late Dats spot with Fri/sat off and I chose Late days with Tuesday/Wednesday off as I figured those would be relatively good days for taking classes whether it be night school or in university...

But then the adreneline hangover hit... and I got a headache... a bad one.
I mean I was shaking and the light was paining me intensely... and the bells and whistles were splitting my brain in half. I was the grumpiest girl in the world.
Until I smartened up and took one of those Halloween Candies for pain that I have in my Purse!!! I mean Seriously - what was I thinking??? It would pass on it's own? DUH!!!

Needless to say, I felt better in about 40 minutes.

Then I had to deal with people saying all day:
"yuck, Tuesday, Wednesday. That sucks. Sorry."
and my response:
"It's OK... it was part of my plan. I 'm happy about it. Really."
I don't think they believe me.
I know they think I'm on crack.
But it's all part of the plan.
And I'm not on crack.
Really.
Dragonfly 11/17/2005 09:29:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment