... and into the Light

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Swim Fan

All I wanted to do was save the frog.
It was stranded at the bottom of the deep end.

Instead.. I got a lung - full of pool water.

I think I might take private swim lessons.
I've never had those before.

Forget school...
The poor frog will be done there forever.

It's not that I don't know how to swim... I can tread water for an hour. I can 'swim' a couple of laps. But I have no form or endurance.
I spent my summers swimming in a lake - with WAVES!!!
I can swim... I just can't pick things up from the bottom of the pool.

But I love the water.

I wonder if Jen will have fished the frog out of the deep end before the 9 am aquafit class in the morning.

*****Update: I SAVED THE FROG!!!!
This morning at 10 am the rescue occured.
Of course, I had to 'cheat' to do it, by stepping into the pool off of the deck - but the frog has been saved!!!
I am very proud of myself.
Dragonfly 11/24/2005 11:07:00 PM

2 Comments:

Kermit told me that he appreciates all that you've done to save him. His fiance, Miss Piggy, seemed a little jealous, but is also thankful too!! ;)
no honey... rubber, neon green toy frog.

He was 10 feet down at the bottom of the pool.

And for the record.
There was a fish at the 6 foot mark also rescued by me.
And a duck at the 3 foot mark - also saved. It's been a busy 2 days.

A real frog and I would not have set foot in the water.

Add a comment