... and into the Light

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Beauty and the Beast

I got there with ten minutes to spare... But there were no other cars in the driveway and the street was empty...
'This might be a quiet night' I thought. 'Wonder if any one else is going to show.'
I go in, check in with the front desk and head back to the change room. Three minutes later I walk onto the pool deck and am greeted by a grinning Jen.
"HI DF, you can start by treading water for 4 minutes holding 10 pounds in weights."

"Um... What?... How do you do that? And Why??"

Turns out she was joking... sort of...

and...
I was the only one to show up for aquafit tonight... so I had a solo class. With Jen.

I am exhausted...
8 lengths, 25 minutes of cardio, 15 minutes of abs, and oh yeah...
turns out you put the weight on your shoulder and tread water without dropping it...
I lasted 35 seconds before I dropped it... hehehe...
but I got out of the pool jumped in and picked the stupid thing up again.. 5 pounds it is... Jen was proud... I saved the weight. Yeah me!
It's not that I can't tread water.. I can do that for an hour... but with a weight on your shoulder.. that is HARD!!!

It was a fun class, just the two of us... I still think she's kind of mean though.. I hurt everywhere.
Dragonfly 12/08/2005 09:58:00 PM

1 Comments:

There's no crying in Aquafit!

Add a comment