... and into the Light

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Good Morning, Vietnam

I believe I have mentioned before that I am not a morning person.
Mornings are just not my forte.
I can do anything after 9am and be coherent, but getting up before that is really pushing my sanity boundaries for the day.
This morning I had to be up at 7am

Yup... 7... AM.
Not pleasant.

It honestly takes me 15 minutes longer to do the same things as normal. No idea why.
I would lose my head if it wasn't attached...
and
I question whether or not I have fed the cat and uncovered the bird 10 minutes after leaving the house.
That makes for a very unsettling day... Because the wrath is quite scary upon returning home, if I were to forget. (So far I have only forgotten once, sorry George!)

My supervisor searched me out this morning to see the look of morning confusion on my face... I guess he needed that chuckle at 9am this morning.

Honestly... I am that amusing.

I couldn't feel my hands... The pins and needles were that bad.
My brain was not functioning at all...
I asked one of the girls if my make-up looked OK as I was unable to focus as I applied it!
My stomach was unable to digest and brushing my teeth was a challenge. (not a pleasant thought, I know)
Oh... and it wasn't a normal day at work either... I did a good job of "sort of" breaking everything I touched... that means if I could almost break it without actually destroying it, or if it could make a mess (accidentally of course) or almost electrocute me without doing so... I was all over that!

And I get to do it all again, bright and early tomorrow!!!
Yee Haw!
Dragonfly 1/22/2006 09:21:00 PM

7 Comments:

morning people frighten me..

just something about being happy to not keep sleeping..
pshaw!
my sentiments exactly, McG! my bed is my sancuary!
That's why I appreciate walking to work. A half hour walk semi-perks me up. My students seem to appreciate me driving in though, because it takes me the first ten minutes of class to get warmed up. They get to laugh at my incoherency.

Moral: Be glad you don't have an audience :)
I don't know why, but I can get up and just be up...light sleeper I suppose.
mesabi: I do have an audience... I work with the public and I do have other coworkers. Today wasn't as bad though.

CC: lucky girl... it just takes me a little longer...
The public is so oh-so-non-forgiving sometimes too, aren't they?
depends on if you can laugh at yourself, though Red! I can laugh... they laugh!

Add a comment