... and into the Light

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ice Age 2

Remember Scrat from the movie Ice Age. He gets stuck in a block of ice and floats out to sea...

There's a part of you that laughs because he's stuck in a block of ice and floating out to sea... and another part that feels bad because he's frozen solid and so cold he can't get to the only thing his heart desires... that acorn.

That's kind of how I felt today.

Like I was a frozen, not solid... but if I had been any where near water, It would have been a block of ice.

For some reason... it was insanely cold at work today... or I should say, in the part of the building I was working in... other parts of the building were quite warm.
My nose was bright red from the chill and my fingers were not performing at their usually high level of agility... not a pleasant sensation I must admit. Especially since I couldn't feel my hands... numb from the cold.

My supervisor even commented on the rosiness of my nose... "Rudolf", I think he nicknamed me. I believe he was called "bastard" under someone's breath (whom shall remain nameless)!

The problem with being cold... is that it makes me tired. I just want to crawl in to my nice warm bed (thank you, to whomever invented electric blankets) and hibernate there for hours, days, months!
Luckily I got to have some cream of tomato soup and a cup of tea on my break to thaw me out... unfortunately the feeling didn't last.
Breaks didn't last forever.
And I didn't get to go home early.
That was my hearts desire.
Dragonfly 1/26/2006 10:18:00 PM

3 Comments:

The solution is of course to stop chasing after acorns.
Congratulations! You have just supplied me the amusement I needed to survive this Friday morning!! I hope they turn up the heater in your section of work today!! :P
MooCow: hehe... I like nuts... hehehe

Kid: My pleasure!

Add a comment