... and into the Light

Monday, January 02, 2006

Once and Again

It's a whole new year and I have been thinking about everything that happened over the year past.

I freed myself from a relationship I was not happy in, (but wanted to be very much so). That was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

I have lost 50 pounds and am working on losing more. And I feel really good.

I have become stronger mentally than I have ever been. (Even though I have no idea how the hell that happened!)

As for my New Years Resolutions...

I am joining the gym and I WILL go twice a week. As well as continuing to go to aquafit twice a week... that makes 4 workouts a week... go me!!!

I am taking a class at the local college... just because I can.

I will go on a vacation! As I have never been on one.

my other resolutions are simple... stay in contact with friends and try to maintain contact with family.
But those are give and take.

This is the year for me.

That is all
Cheers.
Dragonfly 1/02/2006 10:53:00 PM

2 Comments:

You lost 50 pounds in the last year? May I ask how? I'm aiming to lose 20 and would love some real-life advice.
I have been eating steamed veggies and salads, grilled meats.
Avoiding pasta and bread and if I do indulge I only eat whole wheat pasta and bread and only once and a while and only a little bit...
And I am a fibre junky.
I also started eating breakfast every day... cereal (All Bran and yoghurt)
And I drink a LOT of water...

Plus... aquafit helps a lot... but I lost lots before I started aquafit too.

I try not to eat after 7pm too... but sometimes you have too.

I have a no junk food policy too... unless the craving lasts 3 days... then I get to indlulge... occasional treats are allowed... but I don't find I crave them that often anyway. I find my friends are my worst enimies when it comes to junk half of the time. HEHEHE!

Good Luck Mesabired!

Add a comment