... and into the Light

Monday, January 16, 2006

See NO Evil, Hear No Evil

Today started out much earlier than I normally like. My alarm went off at 7am. Out the door by 8:10am. The cold sent mild convulsive shivers throughout my body as my car struggled to pump heat into my instantly frozen body. I arrived at the shuttle bus and sat shivering some more as the driver tried to make small talk, then off to work we went.

I knew it wasn't going to be a good day.
I was having a hard time being pleasant to a bus driver I actually like.

Going up the stairs I say a friend and said Hi, but could barely force the words.
Where do we get the energy and why do we continually lie to everyone about how we are truly feeling?

The day wore on and on...
And this thought kept popping into my head.

Until a lady came to my window and called a fellow cashier a "bitch" and said she was rude to her because the cashier would not serve her first. I served her and she went away, but she told me to tell my manager that this cashier was "the rudest bitch in the place!" 'ok' I thought. The cashier in question is one of the nicest people I know and that patron had probably budded in line. Not gonna happen.
This is why we don't tell everyone that we are having a miserable day, or that we aren't fine today, or that we are good, even if we aren't.
Negativity spreads like SARS in Toronto (OK that was bad... but bite me)... Very quickly, and every time you allow that negative thought to spread to someone else their whole day can be ruined. And your own.
The cashier spent the rest of the day brooding about that lady. Worried that she was going to go to another supervisor that could talk to someone in our department and get her in trouble. Her whole day was spent worrying and that makes for a long and nerve-racking day. Our supervisor was told of the "incident" and said that it was not a concern, there was nothing to be worried about.

I wanted to say to everyone that asked that I was tired and grumpy, but that I was good... But I just said that I was good. Or OK.
DO I feel that way.
NO...
But...
They don't need to know that.

I know what I need to feel better and I will get it tomorrow.
A healthy dose of aquafit and a couple of days off work!
Dragonfly 1/16/2006 08:27:00 PM

2 Comments:

"Ma'am. you can go back in line and wait patiently for *your* turn -or- you can cause a scene, I can escalate you to an angry fit and which point I can call security and have you turned out on your ear. It's completely your choice."

What a bee-atch. Hope your colleague's day got better.

I need me some of that exercise. Something fierce.
I had one of those people yesterday, who actually told the customer in front of her that she was there first and to move. It was hilarious!

Add a comment