... and into the Light

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Confessions of a Secret Shoppoholic!

I was killing time in Wal-Mart, waiting for my prescription.
I have a stupid throat infection, you see. ouchie
And I had a 30 minute wait... Stupid Wal-Mart pharmacy!! Don't they know I an sick!
So as a way of distracting myself from the pain and of saving myself from needlessly spending money on more shaving cream (right MooCow!!) I decided I would look at pants.
All of my other pants are ridiculously HUGE on me... With the exception of my workout clothes, as they are the newest clothes I own.

So I head into the ladies wear section and begin browsing.
Find pants that are of an acceptable style.
And sizes that I think might be appropriate. (As I have no idea)
And head into the changeroom.

I try on the smaller pair first...
and it fits... And there is extra room.
This is a new sensation.
I realize looking at myself.. That the pants I am trying on are too big...
and I am in Wal-Mart alone.
I have to get changed... And go back out there t find a smaller size... Across the store. (Yup - worst set up store EVER!!!)
So I go get the smaller size...
Shake my head... As I have reservations.
And head back into the changerooms.
By this time the Wal-Mart associate has heard my "success" story and is rooting me on!!! She was really nice.
The jeans fit... And they were comfortable.
I looked in the mirror and thought to myself... "Self - this ain't too bad!"
I asked the Associate if the pants were good.. And she said that they were.

I had to call my Best friend and share the Good news.
*ring*
FF: Hello
DF: I am standing in Wal-Mart changeroom, I have 10 minutes left on my phone.
FF: *giggle* OK
DF: And I'm wearing size 12 pants. And they fit.
FF: OH MY GOD!!! That's awesome. I am so proud of you.
DF: I'm freaking out. I haven't been a size 12 since high school.
FF: You realize you are the same size as me.
DF: Cool!!! I can raid your closet...
FF: Um.. NO!!! You aren't allowed at my house anymore.
DF: But...
FF: Seriously... That is so cool...

The threats still loom about staying out of Firefly's closet...
She wants me to shop more so that when I shrink out of my new wardrobe she gets the leftover clothes.
It's too bad I hate shopping!
Unfortunately, even my pajamas are 3X's and are falling off me, so I have to start replacing stuff.
Dragonfly 2/22/2006 09:27:00 PM

4 Comments:

I'm very happy for you!! You see, I used to be the guy who could eat all day and never gain an ouce (or is is a gram in Canada? LOL). Unfortunately, I have become the not-proud owner of my own Buddha-belly!! Your story gives me a reason to workout!! :o) Woo hoo!! Once again, I'm very happy for you!!
Yeah!!!! I love you DF, Good Job!
That is so great! I am proud too. Me and FF have been here since the start, so I think it means the most to you, then her, then me. Yay for you!
that's wonderful

Add a comment