... and into the Light

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Invasion

My visit with my Dad was... Interesting.

He took me for dinner, we rented movies.
I even took him to the dollar sale at one of the local GROCERY stores... He found the hot sauce he LOVES!!! He was thrilled... It was cute.
We hung out.
He told me he is thinking of selling the condo in Kincardine and moving to Manitoulin Island.
Which sounds nice to everyone else - but it is an 8 hour drive away, is insanely cold in the winter and humid and warm in the summer. There is also a blackfly problem all summer. I told Dad that no one would visit him if he moved up there... It would be too much.
He would move closer to my brother (Windsor) or myself - but everything is so expensive this way.
I don't think it is that expensive here... Depending on what you are looking for (basically - don't build or buy new)... But that's just me.

He's changing his ways... The things he used to do he is no longer doing... Not smoking, not smoking as much pot (didn't smoke at all when he was here), and he is cutting back on the booze... These are things that I am not used to seeing in my father. It's just not normal DAD behavior. But it is him, I guess.
He only stayed one night, and left in the afternoon.
But it was a nice visit.
Dragonfly 2/15/2006 09:03:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment