... and into the Light

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Serendipity

The last 3 weeks have been nice.
I've had a little more time.
Time spent with Friends.
Hanging out, going to dinner, that sort of thing.
An extra evening to have for myself.

But that is ending.
I only had it because college teachers in Ontario went on strike.
Now they are being forced back to work after almost 3 weeks.
And I have to go back to class.
I have homework to finish, and an oral presentation to prepare for.
The presentation is written, just not practiced... I loathe speaking infront of groups, I'd rather be in a little room with a microphone where no one can see me!!!

The funny thing is... this class takes up 3 hours a week. And about an hour for homework. I just enjoy the extra time Wednesday nights for myself. Or going to see Firefly and not having to rush home...

The free time was splendid.
I'm glad I didn't let it go to waste.

Although... I probably should have worked a little on my homework, and gone over my notes a couple of times, but... ah? C'est la vie!
Dragonfly 3/28/2006 11:42:00 PM

6 Comments:

yeah... good times...

I'm gonna do it again today too.. and go to the gym!!!
Ahhh, procrastination. My best friend and worst enemy.

So do you have to go for an extra three weeks?
How often do you get an unexpected 3-week vacation? Cool!

(Sounds not so good for the poor teachers, though)
Sounds nice. I was thinking about taking a class to learn Spanish. Hmmm...do I have the nerve and drive? I don't know.
Oh, sorry I've been gone for so long.
HI!
I share your dislike of public speaking. Ranks right up there with dental visits and yearly physicals. Except it doesn't have any notable health benefits.
Jesster: It was more like a free night ... I loved it... I didn't really have sympathy for the teachers, because their demands were really , um, dumb...

VG: I love my class. I am going to pick a different night for the next section, as I like having my days off to myself and see if it goes a little better this time... but we'll see.
And welcome Back!

Grend: I think I did pretty good with the oral presentation, I only puked once and managed not to pass out infront of the class, instead I stood there shaking for a minute before I could speak. BUt I managed it and got a perfect mark... YEAH me!

Add a comment