... and into the Light

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Truth about Cats and Dogs


shadow 3
Originally uploaded by NikollDF.
Imagine finding out, after years of believing one thing, that all you had ever known was not as you had been thought.

Confused?

For years now, I was led to believe that I had allergies... dust, feathers, trees, grass, perfume.
As it turns out, I don't.
I may have asthma.
The severity of which is unknown, but it is triggered by common household allergens, like dust, smoke, perfume and grass.

I always associated my breathing problems with being overweight and with my not exercising. Naturally... why wouldn't I. I seemed to be a pretty good excuse and it didn't bother me too much.
I guess I was wrong. Very wrong. I go for more testing in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime... I have a problem.
I do have an allergy.
I am allergic to cats and dogs. The doctor is concerned that it can affect my breathing too.

I am trying to be positive, but I have not had Shadow for 30 minutes now and I am unable to stop crying.
I originally got her so I would have someone to sleep with, I guess now I have no excuse... I need me a man!
Dragonfly 3/08/2006 03:15:00 PM

3 Comments:

I read an interesting article that said that a lot of people who struggle with low energy levels (like a lot of overweight people) actually have allergies that cause breathing problems, making them out of breath. I know I used to have a lot more energy before I got cats, which I'm unfortunately allergic to, but adore too much to get rid of...

I hope they can get you on some good medication that helps you breathe better!
a hairless one at that!
This is a trial removal to see if I improve... but I am looking for a home for her, just in case.

Add a comment