... and into the Light

Monday, April 10, 2006

K-Pax

Once again I can safely say I have proof to the extent of my craziness and should not be left to my own devices.
Yet this time I had an accomplice!

And for once, it wasn't Firefly!

There is a boy at work that I have a ... Well... Crush on.
But crush is the wrong word.
Mostly I just want to bring him home and leave him tied to my bed to use as I see fit - but that is besides the point.
The problem is that I am a very shy person and lack the social graces to approach "men" (for lack of a better word) and flirt without making a total ass of myself and really prefer that they come to me. This is part of the reason why I have been single for so long... the other is that I am completely oblivious to their signals as well... but I digress.

Upon chatting with a friend, who thinks it is about time I got out there and did something to push destiny along (and in my favour) my friend suggested I ask this boy out and in doing so I had to come up with a gimmick.
This is what we came up with.

I have a friend who works for a company, this friend gave me tickets to a hockey game - The "crushes" favourite team in the whole world!!! I call the crush, conveniently my friend has his number and invite him to the game with me. HE says that he can make the game (I nearly died... Oh MY GOD!!!) and asked if I was going to wear a jersey. I said I would be borrowing one from a friend. HE said he would lend me one of his... (OH MY GAWD!!!!) We talked for a couple more minutes - I am not going into details cause I need to calm down - SERIOUSLY!!!! But he said he'd see me at work on Thursday, the next day we are both in.

Then I had to go and BUY tickets!!!!
Cause this was all a LIE!!!
My friend (who does work for the team didn't give me tickets, I made that up, I just needed a gimmick.
I am INSANE, certifiable...
AND I am blowing off my families Easter dinner (BTW - they changed the date just for me - to go to a LEAFS game on a date!!!! That I am paying for!!!
OH MY GAWD!!!!

I think I hear the men with the straight jackets now... I gotta go!

If anyone has some spare change lying around... I could sure use it...
send it to
Crazy lady
AKA - Dragonfly
Niagara Falls
Canada

They'll know where I am!
Thanks!)
Dragonfly 4/10/2006 12:13:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment