... and into the Light

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

300 posts

I can't believe it - This is my 300th post! And to celebrate, I thought I would put up a couple more pictures from Newfoundland. This is one of my favourites, taken at Cape Spear. I loved Cape Spear, it's the most easternly point of North America and at the top of the hill there is a lighthouse (I think it is one of the first in North America - I can't remember what the sign said) but they built a second lighthouse at one point and I got this really cool picture from the top of the hill...



At the bottom of the hill there is a Battery... not for a cell phone, but where the army used to live and work and it has little rooms. And Don and I were exploring and well all we could see was an opening. Don pulled out his cellphone and held it up, but there was no way his meager light was going to penetrate that blackness that was this "hole"... so I held up the camera, pointed and shot... and this is what came out...



Cool huh! From a dark hole to the freakiest room EVAR!!! it looks like lightning on the back wall, but I swear to you, this was the darkest spot ever.

Then at the end of the "hallway" we came across a cannon... A big Cannon.
I love NFLD!


OK... wimpy for a 300th post I think, but considering I have 2 Chaotic blogs - and the other has 115 posts on it, technically this is post 415, so whatev's.

Thinking about it...
Since starting to post, I have learned to link to other blogs (thanks Firefly, I am posting pictures, and I have gone through (and survived) the worst depression of my entire existence. I think I might have made some friends along the way. Not a bad experience if you think about it.

Oh yeah, and I guess I shouldn't forget, the whole weightloss thing.. but who counts that, eh!
Dragonfly 5/16/2006 01:44:00 PM

3 Comments:

These pictures are beautiful! Happy technically 415th post!
Happy posting! I'm glad I found your blog!
Thanks TDG!

And Mesabi.. Right Back atcha actually. hehehe

Add a comment