... and into the Light

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Temple of Doom

I'm trying desperately not to get discouraged.
But everytime I make another appointment, I get a sick feeling in my stomach.
There has to be the apartment out there for me... that is exactly what I am looking for.

I mean, I don't think I am asking too much.

NO basements.
NO kids running above me... (if possible)
I can't be scrimping and scrounging for money every month.
It has to be a clean/half decent building - not decrepit or run-down.

Is that too much to ask?

There is one place I found that I absolutely love... The kitchen was smaller, the bathroom has a clawfoot tub with the wrap around curtain...
but the rent was above my absolute budget...
that would mean I wouldn't eat for a year (until the car was paid off) AND Maggie could not get new tires or have anything happen to her this year at all! And well, Maggies doesn't have a very good track record, does she?

I saw ANOTHER basement... great couple that own the house... but a definite NO!
and the nastiest apartment building EVER!
And A... newly renovated, clean upper apartment, one bedroom... that was anything but...
it was a dirty, freshly painted, cheap carpet (that was laid improperly and the seams were already showing) and the windows were 150 years old... Easily! And the stairs were so steep and narrow there was no way a modern couch would fit up them...

I'm not discouraged...
I'm thinking I have 3 days without a car - as Maggie is in for the royal treatment... A Front End Manicure (hehehe)And I am going to start sorting through the crap here...
so for now... I hand the baton to someone else...

that's the adventures in apartment hunting.
Dragonfly 5/24/2006 09:57:00 AM

3 Comments:

Good luck and may fate smile upon you.
You'll be fine!
I gotta' wish you good luck too, I have nothing but empathy for you :)

Add a comment