... and into the Light

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wizard of Oz

There's no Place like Home... There's no place like home...
Damn it...
I need to be wearing ruby slippers for that chant to work.
Any one have any ruby slippers?
Anyone?
Bastards! All of you!

Ok...
I'm sorry!
Come back...
Really.

It's just...
well...
OK...
Let me explain...

no that will take to long.
let me sum up.

After weeks of exhaustive searching and unreturned phone calls I walked into a 2 bedroom at the absolute max of what I can afford to pay and I was HOME!!!
I didn't want to leave.
I wanted to move in right away.
It's clean.
It's big
and it's bright and airy
and the owners are amazing.
It is the lower floor of a split level house... but only 4 feet are below ground and you don't feel like you are below ground at all.
The soundproofing is great...
He even does all snow removal.

And I can start taking boxes over next week.

But I want to be there now!

So... Where's my ruby slippers?

---------

The last couple of weeks have been insanely busy... I've been sick, not going to the gym as a result, my mood not so good, I'm stressing out...
The accident is causing a backlash with ... well... a backlash.
And basically, it's my life, going on as usual.
I have managed to continue on as usual but had to prioritize the things I SHOULD be doing as compared to those things I HAVE to be doing...
Certain things got put on the back burner,
NOW I must get packing and moving... as that date is quickly approaching.
and the purge has begun...
but not as quickly and as vastly as I would like.
I'll get through it...
I know I will
And I'll get back to regular blogging.
I just need time!
Dragonfly 5/31/2006 12:00:00 PM

7 Comments:

The Princess Bride quote was fantastic! And hooray for homes!
the ruby slippers (well, sling back pumps) are in the storage unit in the box labelled shoes. Talk to dad to get the key.
Wonderful News....I knoew it would come. I hope your happy with the things to follow. I wish I were there to help you move, into the dream home that you searched so long for.

Keep Blogin.
Love u.
*HUGS*
TDG: Liked that did ya! Thanks!

BG: The Storage Unit Scares me... just a little

NDF: Thanks Babe! I know!
That's why I told you to talk to dad, if you ask nicely enough he'll probably even go and find them. If you ask NICELY!! :D
Congratulations!!! The feeling of "home" has to be one of the best, and most underrated, feelings there is. I've been in your position and I totally understand your relief and happiness. Best of luck in your new home, I hope it's wonderfully homey :)
Glad you found your home. I hope it is a happier and more permenant one.

Add a comment