... and into the Light

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Dreams

I love those dreams in which you are healthy, skinny, and happy. The ones that, when you wake, you are more confident, more aware of yourself, and feeling the strength you had in the dream has continued into your waking life.

I have no idea now what I was dreaming about... But for 10 seconds when I woke up this morning, I felt like I could conquer the world.

Then I started coughing... My nose was completely plugged up... And I realized that I am in pain.
The realities of the flu.

I miss my dream already.
I'm so much happier there.
(And I don't have the flu.)

My day started out really good, for 10 brief seconds I was normal and had more confidence than anyone on the planet.
How can I hold on to that all day?
Are there words of affirmation that can be said to keep that feeling? I doubt it... Because I was living it in my dream, those feelings, all that self-esteem carried over. It reminds me of what life could really be like (I am not sad about that... It's the normalcy that I crave).

I dream of a life without anxiety, without depression and without those moments of mania. I dream of stability, a husband and dinners out with friends/people I care about. I dream that my friends fulfill their dreams and are just as happy as I am.

I dream of seeing friends both new and old (and being extremely comfortable with it).
I dream about life - non-neurotic.
And I like it.

It's no wonder I want to sleep all the time.
Dreams are the only thing that keeps me going from day to day.
Dragonfly 11/25/2006 09:04:00 AM

1 Comments:

There was a fabulous book I read once where your dreams were actually you going to heaven, and that's why you get that "feel so good" thing in the morning.

Add a comment