... and into the Light

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Auld Land Sang

I was thinking about my New Year’s Resolutions. What are they? What do I resolve for myself? Do I resolve to be thinner, to be healthier, to fall in love? Do I resolve to be a better person, kinder and more generous? Do I resolve to think of others first, and to give until I have nothing more to give? Or do I resolve to think of myself more, to take the steps that I have to take to become whole again, and to be released from the prison in which I find myself?

I think of all the things that people resolve to do, their resolutions are all about themselves. I assume that self-analysis is due to the start of the new year and the feeling that one has a clean slate. One feels that one can forget the “mistakes” of the past year and begin again making the same mistakes that they previously made. Is that what a resolution gives you? The freedom to begin again. The freedom to live as though all the lessons of the last year weren’t absorbed and don’t need to be acknowledged. I wonder if there is a lesson there.

I resolve to acknowledge my life lessons from 2006, and carry those lessons into 2007 all the while living my life as though I have the freedom to be the person I want to be.
I resolve to attempt to break down the walls I have built within myself and I resolve to do so with all the effort I can muster.
I resolve to become bilingual as it is something I have always wanted.

I hope that everyone has a good year, surpassing the events and attitudes of 2006. I wish everyone the insight to remember their goals and ideals throughout the year. I wish for people to remember that a positive attitude reaps positive attitudes in those around you. A smile begets a smile and a little love goes a long way.
Dragonfly 12/31/2006 10:08:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment