... and into the Light

Friday, April 06, 2007

Ch - ch - ch - changes!

It’s funny how the world flips in turn and the things that were exciting or interesting become dull.
The same thing happens with the things that are exciting on the internet.
I mean look at the activity drop within Blogger’s circle - where’d everybody go?
And MySpace? Or Hi5?
Yes - people still like it - but it is way too commercial.
Now it’s FaceBook.com. A place where you can more easily find friends/family/groups etc that encourages conversation and playing…
But how long will this last?
I mean it’s cool that I have found friends from college, my cousins, extended family that I otherwise would have lost contact with or only seen at a wedding or funeral. There’s also the co-workers that I haven’t seen in ages.
Yeah - it’s cool. And there was a story in the paper (can’t remember which one - Phoenix told me so I’m assuming the Toronto Sun) and the popularity skyrocketed.
Friends and pokes everywhere!
I have missed interaction with my friends and I regret losing touch with my schoolmates, at the same time it is a fantastic distraction instead of doing those things I should be doing - like studying and homework - or even leaving the house. It’s all right though. I am sure this one’s popularity will end soon enough.
Something else too though - all these sites still create an atmosphere of isolation and loneliness. You aren't actually communicating - you're still hiding. Sometimes - most often - it should be human interaction - and not the electronic way.

Labels: , ,

Dragonfly 4/06/2007 09:30:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment