... and into the Light

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Never Drink and Blog

I’ve decided to become an alcoholic.
Not a closet alcoholic - since I’ve announced it.
Just an alcoholic.
I don’t condone drug use… If it were up to me I wouldn’t even take my prescription medications.
I don’t smoke cigarettes - it’s too unattractive and, well… the cancer concern is a bit too much for me.
Yet lately I feel the need to have some sort of addiction that allows me to combine one addiction with my daily life.
So I’ve chosen alcohol…
Wines, liqueurs , mixed drinks… it doesn’t matter. I like how my mind actually stops running, the voices quiet after I have had a drink or two…
I feel quite happy too. Not to worry - I ensure that all my errands and driving is done before I have a drink, and I would NEVER drink and drive. That’s just wrong!
At night, after dinner I make myself a drink then I calm down, I can think one thought, stay on track, get something (or nothing) done, and I enjoy a lovely liqueur type drink.
Yup
There is one concern though… Money!
I am now on long term disability and I am limited on the amount of money I can spend and where that money is coming from.
So this alcoholic phase is not going to last long without donations from friends and family.
Tonight I finished the bottles I bought earlier in the week… and I have no “extra” money until my next cheque comes in - sometime in June.
I am however accepting donations… just send $1 to

Crazy Dude
427 Evergreen Terrace
Springfield
90028

LOL

No - I’m not drunk - I just have a multitude of stupid Simpson’s quotes stored in this crazy ass brain of mine.

BTW - it was a gorgeous 26 degrees today… or 80F… and I sat outside to read for the afternoon on the deck. George loved the outdoors too… I left the house for appointments and went to the Book Depot (didn’t buy anything though) and then I came home… I ran out before dinner looking for noodles - but ended up with a hamburger again. Damn store - everything is on sale at my usual grocery store - so the things I LOVE and want are unavailable cause they happen to be on sale.
I guess, I will have to get my butt out of the house first thing in the morning and go see if the midnight staff restocked EVERYTHING overnight.

Oh… and I just decided I want Vanna Whites job… touching tiles and wearing ugly ass dresses everyday!

I suppose I am done with the inane babbling… my drink glass is empty, I feel like reading… so I shall sign off.


OFF!!!!

Labels: , ,

Dragonfly 5/08/2007 07:25:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment