... and into the Light

Thursday, January 21, 2016

New Page, New Chapter, New Book

Sorry, I haven't been writing (here). Yes, I am ok.
I started writing in my NEW journal on January 1st… after spewing all sorts of thoughts, anger, and angst into the old one on Dec 31st. I feel like I have been liberated emotionally. I have taken this motto to heart.

New Page: everyday I write about my day, emotional state, and any thoughts… just one page a day.
New Chapter: I am starting a new chapter in my life, a new phase of my life cycle that may not be what or where I thought it would be but it is where I find myself right now.
New Book: Keep looking forward, my story hasn't been written. I don't have/know the ending.

It seems cliche, I know it does, but its amazing what has opened to me since this revelation, this realization that I can close the book on my past, and just start a new story.

And when I saw the ex… I didn't feel that emotional pull/connection that I have felt in the past. I still mourn (at times) for the relationship, for the loss… but I soon remember to stop feeling sorry for myself and get on with it.

Its been an interesting start tot the year. I even started a 2016 memory jar, where I put in positive and memorable things that happen to me in 2016 that I can review on New Years Eve. I started out with a little note.

I am trying to stay positive, I feel I am succeeding. I am holding my motto to heart. I would love to add copout/pictures to my walls… but I am afraid to spend money on extras… But I'm doing well regardless.
Dragonfly 1/21/2016 07:26:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment